If your windows didn’t do their job over the winter, you might be looking for replacement windows now that the weather is warming up. Replacement windows are a fantastic investment in your home (and lowering your energy bills). Here is a quick replacement window guide from Capital Remodeling.
How Do You Know That You Need Replacement Windows?
There are several common signs that it’s time to replace, including:
- Condensation on or between the panes of glass
- Trouble opening, closing, or adjusting the window
- Drafts around the window frame
- Water stains or rotting on wooden windows
- Missing locks or non-functioning locks
How Do You Choose the Right Replacement Window?
While there are numerous modern windows on the market at different price points and with different styles. To choose the right replacement windows:
- Pick a style that complements the current exterior of your home
- Select replacement windows that are easy to operate (open and close) to improve energy efficiency and safety
- If you live in a historic district or neighborhood with an HOA, make sure that you follow the appropriate rules and regulations
- Choose replacement windows that come with good manufacturer’s warranties
What Are the Benefits of Replacement Windows?
Replacement windows offer many benefits to new or seasoned homeowners, including:
- Major energy savings every month, as drafts will be reduced and new energy-efficient windows do a much better job keeping heated or cooled air inside and the other air outside.
- Increased security around your home thanks to modern quality locking mechanisms that are harder to pry or jimmy open from the outside.
- More curb appeal for your home on the outside and the inside, as natural sunlight can enter in and beautifully showcase your interior design.
- Less sound entering and exiting your home, so the neighbor’s teenage son won’t keep you up at night with his drum practice.
- Less maintenance needed to keep them looking great.
Replacement Windows from Capital Remodeling
Capital Remodeling is ready to transform your windows from eyesores into beautiful complements to your home that everyone will notice. With our quality window treatments, affordable prices, and flawless customer service, you will love the end result. If you are ready for a free quote to make your dream kitchen a reality, visit us online or give us a call at 1-1-800-300-6780 (800-472-2748). To see examples of our work, follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Houzz, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Tags: guide, replacement window, shopping