Most windows are designed as squares. Although there are notable exceptions, most windows have the same basic shape. However, you will find it difficult to decorate unusual windows and window styles. Luckily, there are a number of clever ideas you can use to achieve your decorating goals. Here you will find ways to jazz up these windows, no matter what shape they could be.
Ideas for Bow Windows or Bay Windows
Bows and bays are both great for illuminating your home. Because they are so much wider than standard windows, they can allow in much more light. Consider these ideas to dress them up and make them more eye-catching:
- Flowing Silk: Silk panels are an iconic and great choice for your bow windows. These panels lend the room a refined touch. Thus, you should consider adding them this summer, especially if you plan on hosting many formal dinner parties or other social gatherings.
- Roman Shades: Another way to decorate your bow window is to use Roman Shades. While silk panels are classic flourishes, Roman Shades can provide a more modern look. These are wonderful touches to use for a bay window as well. Bring bright colors and dazzling patterns into the mix, too. That way, you can match the shades with any other curtains or pieces of furniture around them.
- Curtains: Why not add curtains? Curtains can be hung both on the exterior surface and the interior surface. If you hang curtains on the outside of the window, it can resemble a large picture frame, too.
- Draperies: Draperies can hang vertically from the ceiling. They add another dimension to the room that can make it feel larger and airier. Using draperies can prevent clutter forming around the edges of the window setting. For full effect, place the curtain rod for the draperies several inches above the window. This will present the feeling that your ceiling is taller than it actually is.
Ideas for Patio Doors
Patio doors can be challenging as well. Two common kinds of patio doors are sliding glass doors and French doors. How can you customize them?
- Add Some Blinds: Blinds can help control the amount of light you let in. When you want more light, open the blinds. When you don’t, simply close them. Different sizes, shapes, and materials are available to you, so take your pick!
- Use Some Panels: Similar to panels on bays or bows, you can also use panels on French doors. Let your imagination run wild and try different combinations of colors, styles, and patterns. Just don’t make it difficult to get in and out through the door.
- Roller Shades: With shades, all you have to do is roll or unroll them to achieve your desired level of light. You can still enjoy an excellent view of your backyard and have an extra layer of privacy when you want it, too.
Replacement Windows from Capital Remodeling
Capital Remodeling is ready to transform your home this summer with affordable, effective replacement windows. With our quality replacement window options and remodeling services, affordable prices, and flawless customer service, you will love the end result. If you are ready for a free quote, visit us online or give us a call at 1-800-310-7154. To see examples of our work, follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Houzz, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.